The First Complete Content Management System (CMS) Built Specifically for Libraries
Responsive design means optimal performance on all devices. The Stacks web platform adjusts to the size of the screen regardless if its a tablet, phone or television. No need to worry about creating content that breaks, gets lost, or depreciates the user experience.
Change the look and feel of the website in seconds without having to adjust your content. From professionally selected color palettes to granular configurations, it’s never been easier to create a look and feel that aligns with your brand and that you can be confident meets today’s mobile users’ high expectations. New themes are added quarterly to ensure new and fresh aesthetics are always available to you at no extra cost. Elements that can be customized with Stacks include:
- Color Palettes
- Background Images and Colors
- Site Name
- Site Slogan
- CSS Override
Drag and Drop Layouts
To improve flexibility, Stacks offers Drag-and-Drop layouts to customize your web pages. This makes creating and rearranging the various elements on your web pages quick and easy while ensuring excellent performance on every device used to view your site.
Stacks provides the ability to upload CSS override files. This allows you to take complete control of your website's theming and the overall look and feel.
Stacks is fully functional for visually impaired users. The Stacks platform meets, and in many ways exceeds section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act, Electronic and Information Technology Accessibility Standards. It offers guidance and a variety of tools that empower all users creating content on the platform to align that content quickly and easily with the accepted standards. Additionally, Stacks is WCAG 2.0 Level A compliant, exceeding accessibility guidelines and supporting several features that are part of the WCAG Level AA compliance by improving page orientation and navigation in all available themes. Notable accessibility features include:
Introductory text and shortcuts for screen reader patrons
Elimination of most tables to improve searching with screen readers or keyboard controls
Help text and compliance reminders for content creators
Descriptive page titles, section header tags and selected link labels
Streamlined code for simpler page structures
Detailed alternative text image descriptions
Decreased page size and list pagination for shorter download times for all patrons
Implementation of WAI ARIA (Accessible Rich Internet Applications) coding standards from W3C consortia that work in conjunction with HTML5’s built in accessibility features
Font zoom in header
Value for Consortia
Based on a decade of building platforms and servicing complex consortia of libraries, Stacks enables libraries to create many websites within one CMS. Individual libraries may share files and publish content to one, select or all sites within an instance. This empowers even the smallest library to have a professional website and keep their local information up to date. Additional features for consortia include:
With Stacks Multi-Domain you can create multiple domains websites under a single, dashboard. Manage your websites from a central location, providing robust management and publishing options. Benefits Include:
- Manage Content Effectively. Publish content to one, some or all of the domains that are associated with your Stack.
- Ensure Content is Consistent. Eliminate unnecessary steps when managing centrally controlled content and ensure your content is consistent across your websites.
- Affordable. Stacks provides a cost effective solution for consortia by providing professional industry-leading websites that are affordable and sustainable.
- Focus on Creating a Great User Experience. Rest assured knowing that content will take on the look and feel of the destination site, even when published across multiple sites.
- Local Content. Maintain a central administration while delegating work and allowing local administrators to manage their domain and content independently.
- Create Community. Share content across your sites and ensure it is available to, and consistent for, your consortia.
- Granular User Roles. Stacks provides a library-specific hierarchical role structure designed to support all levels of staff. Intricate moderation rules to help ensure safe and responsible workflows within your organization.